Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Jack Attack

WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!!!!!!!!

Hooray, Hooray, Hooray. We will be naming him Jack and we are as thrilled as thrilled can be. I went in early due to some troubling symptoms and while they were checking on everything else, I asked if we could peek to find out who exactly was causing all this raucous. I realize my baby is only about 6 inches long and 9oz, but he looks so squished in there. His little tiny face was all mashed up by my tummy and his legs are squashed into his torso. (poor little guy) No wonder he gets all irritated when Chuck presses on my belly. It looks really cramped in there. Chuck's trying really hard to feel him, but instead he's just smashing our baby's face into its placenta. I don't see this as a very healthy beginning.

We're half way there and I barely have a tiny little baby bump. I mean I can still wear almost all my clothes and today out of nowhere my coworker came in and said, "Oh you are definitely looking thicker and fuller." I didn't have time to comment before she continued, "yes, you may not have the bump, but you look much fatter today than I've ever seen you." What posesses people to say things like that? She wasn't trying to be rude, she really meant it as a compliment, but c'mon people think a bit before you sputter out comments like that.

We are so happy and excited to meet our little man.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay for boys! I love those things! I hate how just because you are pregnant people thing it's somehow public domain. Wait until the strangers start caressing your lower belly. It will be awesome.

singin' in the rain said...

Oh I know! I'm going to have to have Chuck teach me some sort of cool Tae Kwon Do move to wack away the groping hands. Oooh maybe Mr. Miagi's tried and true wax on wax off, will do the trick.

Panini said...

congratulations! where's the nam e "jack" from and what's your mom going to do with all the little girl clothes? ;)

singin' in the rain said...

We're keeping the girl clothes hoping for another time, another baby. Chuck and I both have a great uncle Jack, but really we just want our son to be the Asian version of Jack Bauer.

Panini said...

;)
I had to Wiki Jack Bauer -- I didn't realize you were a 24 Fan! I think I'm going to start renting them. I need an addiction.
p.s.you never gave me your address (grim nosed teacher look with index finger lighting)
so I had to call the national guard (those are the people that protect you right?)
And they refused to give out the zip code--although I got the address/phone
but that was okay because I got to talk to your sweet dad for a couple minutes
AND, that brings us to the fact that--one of your gifts, may kill the other one, if it breaks (in which case, I'm terribly sorry, especially for the shirt)
love cam